Thursday, July 12, 2007

Everything in ORDER

I can't believe it took me 3 days just to write about this. Oh, well. First of all let me tell you how proud and ecstatic I am for being able to watch Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on the first day itself unlike my other buddies who have enrolled in universities and colleges all across the country. Wow, suddenly Malaysia sounds so big! Ha ha. Unlike ordinary people who couldn't care less about when they watch the movie or if they even watch it, Potter fans all around the globe know that the day and time they watch the movie are among the factors that distinguishes the ultimate die hard fans from the erm, the normal fans. If this theory is anywhere near the truth(which is obviously isn't hehe), I am therefore a die hard Harry Potter fan for I have watch it on the premiere day.And mind you, it was the first show as well. Alright, that's enough crap for this post.


Alrighty then, the movie.The storyline is okay. They managed to put in all the important parts of the story. Too bad there was no quidditch. It would've been great to see Ron play. They did chang a few facts here and there but nothing to drastic. The movie was fast which is highly understandable because they had to cram the entire book into a movie. Not everyone can turn a 766 paged book into a 2 1/2 hour movie now can they? Although there were scenes that could have been a bit longer (nope, not the kissing part) like the part where Harry told Dumbledore about his dream about Mr Weasley being attack. What about the kissing part eh? Well, I don't know why but I find it very stiff. Lack of chemistry perhaps? The kissing part lasts about 5 seconds maybe, which gives you enough time to decide whether Daniel Radcliffe is a great kisser. Ha ha ha...But I guess it was okay. I mean, what the hell do I know about kissing? And as Hermione puts it "I'm sure Harry's kiss is more than satisfactory". Well, if you don't find it satisfactory, there is still another kissing scene in the 6th book. Ginny remember?



The new characters were great. Imelda Staunton was very much like Umbridge although she's a hell lot prettier than the one in the book. Love the pink room with all the kitties. He he. Helena Bonham Carter was deliciously evil as the almost insane Bellatrix Lestrange. That cackle of hers sends shivers down your spine. The one character that really stands out is Luna Lovegood. That Evanna Lynch was just brilliant. The hair, the look, the acting everything was Luna. I wasn't really interested in Luna when I read the book but she made me changed my mind. Brilliant indeed. The three leads were great although I still find Rupert the best out of the three. You can really sense the camaraderie that they share. One part that I like very much was when they were discussing about Harry's kiss. The teasing, the laughing and bickering were truly genuine. It makes you forget that they were acting.

The only problem I had with this movie was the lack of action. The fight between Harry and his pals with the Death Eaters was just not KA-BOOM! You know what I'm saying? I just think that they could do it a whole lot better. I mean, if you read the book you can feel the intensity and the suspense would surely kill you. They were supposed to be running around, spells flying everywhere and a hell lot of injury. Okay, not a hell lot, but they were supposed to be badly injured weren't they? You're fighting against the Death Eaters for God sake! And what is it with these Death Eaters?If you ask me, they were too soft. They should've been more malicious, ruthless and just down right evil. But other than that, the movie is nice. The special effects were cool and I gotta tell ya, the Ministry of Magic is just supercool. I suggest that our dear Works Minister seek the help of this architect.




No comments: