Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Date with the Tour Guide

Eventhough I was still on the bus and was a few good metres away from the bus stop, I could easily tell that the 'mak cik' who was waiting for me at the bus stop was Tiqa. As I disembarked from the bus, I couldn't help feeling that my stripy tank with matching ear rings, grey hoody and tight jeans seems to be a little bit too dressed up compared to her modest long-sleeve grey shirt and 3 quatre length jeans. 'Ko nampak berbelang', she said. 'Yep, macam zebra' I replied. Sigh... Tiqa, Tiqa. Ever the critic.


Since I haven't been to the place for ages (I think the last time I went was during my early primary school days), Tiqa was more than happy to be my tour guide. First up was MPH. Haha. What a way to start the itenary. After a few more sight-seeings (more like window shopping) we stopped for lunch at the Arena where I had Tiqa's most recommended dish, pan mee. I never knew what pan mee is. Turns out it has the physique of the keoy teow noodle only slightly smaller in size and the texture is somewhat doughier? Lol. No idea how to describe it. I can only guess that the other dishes taste as great as my pan mee soup as people were making a beeline for the stall.


Lunch was proceeded with dessert. I bought two pieces of kueh nyonya which costed me RM 1.80. Tiqa didn't want to miss out so she bought herself sotong balls. Or was it prawn balls? Hmm...yang penting balls la. And so the both of us continued our journey, entering some of Tiqa's favourite shops. Many of them were souvenier shops. We fooled around at the clothes section for awhile, taking expensive clothes on the rack and trying them on in the fitting room before...jeng jeng jeng...out comes the phone. Hehe. It was at this point that I finally come to the realisation on how old I look with my long hair. Haih...never mind. I'll chop it off before the next sem starts.
Our touring brought us to another food outlet which is the Big Apple. I wanted to give their doughnuts a try since I've had J.Co a few days before. I randomly picked half a dozen of them and Tiqa bought 2, a kiwi and a very chocolaty flavoured one. We sat down for a while on the many chairs that were available at OU ('See, this is wat's great about OU, we have plenty if sits'..haha..nak jugak promote) and enjoy the doughnuts. At least we tried to. Tiqa's chocolate doughnut was so chocolaty that she gave up and had me eat it instead. As a result, I have chocolate all around my mouth. We entered a few more shops and then it was time for me to head home but not before having another snack. The tour guide was so eager for me to try this Japanese food. What's it called...erm.. Tako tao? Yup, I think that's it. Correct me if I'm wrong for I have a bad memory. They were 3 balls (Tiqa seems to like ball shaped foods) filled with prawns and topped with fish flakes and some sauce which I could not identify. Oh, and of course there's mayonnaise. To top it all of, we each bought ourselves chocolate milk at the JJ supermarket. Surprisingly, it was I who bought the cheaper milk and not Tiqa. Haha.
Wow, looking back, it seems that the tour guide and I spend our money on food rather on items! In fact, we didn't buy a single thing besides food and drinks! What can I say, we both love food. And we're both stingy! But Tiqa is more kedekut compared to me. Hehe. Wouldn't guys be lucky to have us Tiqa? All we need is food.


4 comments:

© b lo o d y h o n e y 2 8 said...

wawawa...tqa suke mkn balls yer...hahahahahahaha...giler lawak

Ros Zahirah said...

NAK IKUT!!!! next time kkkk???

Rumput said...

yup..apparently she enjoys them tuan hamba..lol..ha..yela next time we go..

© b lo o d y h o n e y 2 8 said...

yes...we all go together2 ek